Indira Ghosh, Marketing Executive
Microsoft announced Teams at an event in New York and launched the service worldwide on 14 March 2017. The new tool for team collaboration is available to Office 365 business customers in 181 markets and 19 languages. Office 365 is designed to meet the unique work style of every group with purpose-built integrated applications. Are you Game for MS Teams?
What you Need to know:
|500,000+ Organizations use Teams.||91 Fortune 100 companies use Teams.||44 Languages are Supported in Teams.||150 Customers have 10,000 or more Active users.|
What exactly is Microsoft Teams?
- A “Super App” for people to communicate, collaborate and ultimately work.
- A chat-based collaboration tool to help improve transparency across projects.
- Boost collaboration and move faster from conversation to action.
Or Hand-picked top Microsoft Teams Features
- Fully integrated with Office 365 – As another Microsoft product, Teams of course integrates beautifully with Office 365, which is perfect if you’re already using that for your business.
- Participate in white boarding from afar with Microsoft Teams Rooms – Teams provides a wonderful meeting experience for those who can’t be in the room. “content camera” feature—this technology will detect the whiteboard in the room, crop and frame it, and share the content with remote participants.
- Keep your team secure – Get end-to-end security, administrative control, and compliance all powered by Office 365.
- Collaborate live in real time – Complete work in real time with your colleagues as you chat together and work on files through Teams, rather than taking turns and emailing updates and having multiple versions of everything.
- Collaborate with vendors suppliers and clients – You can even invite chat users from outside your organisation using their direct email. They will be tagged as ‘guest’ users, but this is a great functionality for communicating with vendors or other third parties.
- Customisation for each team – It offers the ability for teams to customise the experience to meet their specific needs. Team members can create channels to organise conversations by topic.
- Hub – Teams offers a common shared work space for various applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Planner, Power BI and Delve.
- Mobile Audio & Video Capabilities – Available on both Android and iOS, Teams provides an easy-to-use app that allows you to chat with your team via text, have a voice conversation or conduct video meeting.
How will businesses Benefit from moving to MS Teams?
- Combined within Office 365 & MS Teams.
- Smooth, business-wide call routing.
- Powerful solution that supplants on-premises PBX systems.
- One application for easier solutions and support.
This is an unbelievable amount of features, and really it doesn’t come close to covering just how useful and beneficial this will be for your teams at work. When it comes down to it, Microsoft Teams is a huge bonus for workplaces already working with Office 365 and supports all your collaborative needs with ease.
If you require a hand to setup Teams or Office 365 give us a call at 914-355-5800!